This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webdavs not working

My ISP has the option to access the available space as a webdisk using webdavs.

This has been available via Dolphin and Konqueror but here in 14.10 I have no success logging in, the error message keeps repeating 'No such file or Folder'

Anyone with more success?

I can get to BOX via webdavs using the URL entry but can't get "Add Network Folder" to function properly.

How are you trying?

Please Read Me

Comment

Thing is I installed using an existing /home and so the links already in Dolphin were inherited from 13.10.
      I type the link into the address bar and then I can add it to 'places'.

The address looks like:
      webdavs://webdisk.xs4all.nl/username/WWW/

As said, it works fine on 14.04 but here on 14.10 it returns 'The Folder or file does not exist'.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        I can get to BOX via webdavs using the URL entry but can't get "Add Network Folder" to function properly.
        Just tried here. Went to webdavs://dav.box.com/dav/. Typed my ID and password. Clicked the parent folder (shown in the red circle below) to move up one level:

Then right-clicked dav (shown in the small red circle below), added to Places, and renamed it to Box.com:

Sorry, Teunis, not sure what to think about your issue. Does your provider use CAPTCHA? Maybe you've triggered that and you need to log on to their web page to reset the counter. Just a thought. (I saw this notion on the Box.com Webdav help page.)
        Last edited by SteveRiley; Nov 26, 2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: clarifications

Comment

To clarify the above a tiny bit: right click on the folder in the window (where it red circle is), not on the word "dav" to the right of the URL. I looked at the post and I thought you were referencing the pic above rather than below.

@Steve: Are you able to connect using the Network Places menu? Just wondering what I was doing wrong for future use...

Please Read Me

Comment

In the mean time one of the server guru's of the ISP has confirmed there is an authentication problem with this version of Dolphin.
            He thought it should work in Konqueror but no such luck and I 'd be surprised because a casual look tells me a lot of the back end is shared between Konqueror and Dolphin.
            Now I have to convince them to log my attempts and see where it fails.

Until then I'll use Filezilla.

Good point but no, there has never been a CAPTCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              @Steve: Are you able to connect using the Network Places menu? Just wondering what I was doing wrong for future use...
              Um, I don't have anything in Dolphin specifically called "Network Places." Where are you seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                Um, I don't have anything in Dolphin specifically called "Network Places." Where are you seeing this?
                Places->Network (you can add various network filesystems there...like webdav(s) or (s)ftp, for example)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                  Places->Network (you can add various network filesystems there...like webdav(s) or (s)ftp, for example)
                  In all these years, I've not once clicked that thing!

Yes, it worked here for me on Box.com:

And the result:

Last edited by SteveRiley; Nov 26, 2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Good to see, now I can make a case there is something special with the webdisk server and it's webdavs protocol of my ISP, it's not just Dolphin.

Comment

I guess I didn't try enough options. I was mostly trying //webdavs... etc. I shoulda figgered it'd be easier than that.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hmmm.

The gurus had a nice suggestion, Dolphin speaks sftp!

So I can now log in like:
                        Code:
                        sftp://username@shell.xs4all.nl/home/auto/username/
                        Works just as well as webdavs and once I'm half February getting symmetrical fiber this is going to be a great on-line storage and exchange platform!

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                          once I'm half February getting symmetrical fiber
                          What!

*envy* *jealousy* *rage* *scorn* !!!!!11!1!!!!

Comment

Sorry...

Today I received the message my street will be dug up and connected between Feb. 12 and 16.
                            The available contracts are:
                            https://www.xs4all.nl/internet/#specs-optie1
                            Speeds from 20 to 500 Mb/s
                            Prices from €30 to 60 p/month

You can find cheaper ISP's but they don't have such excellent mail, news servers and shell access.

Comment

Working...
                            X