This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux came a long way

Judging by the number of entries in the Hardware Support group (0/nill/zero) Linux has overtaken other operating systems for ease of installation.

he he, true story mate
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

Indeed, when I first started using Linux (Kubuntu) years ago, I always needed to search for all kinds of workaround to get things working,
      now everything just works out of the box.
      A clean install + some customisation takes me a bit more than an hour.

I sometimes need to reinstall windows for family members whose pc got so slow and infested with all kinds of ....ware,
      and it takes about a day, mostly because of the countless number of reboots to get it up to date and the time to install all kinds of drivers.
      I tried to convert them to linux, but no luck, they are too tied to their Windows games.
      I now make disk images after doing a clean install so the next time their pc gets all infested again I just need to put the clean image back
      and get the updates in.
      Je suis Charlie, how many more people have to die for religions
      linux user #447706 on https://linuxcounter.net
      A good place to start:
      Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
        Judging by the number of entries in the Hardware Support group (0/nill/zero) Linux has overtaken other operating systems for ease of installation.
        Either that or the one thing that doesn't work is the network controllers
        --
        Intocabile

Comment

Working...
        X