This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sticky" touchpad after upgrade to Utopic

I mentioned this earlier today, but I think it deserves its own thread.

Is anyone else seeing something like this?

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    I'm getting some strange touchpad behaviour where it seems "sticky" or unresponsive for the first part of some movements, particularly if the cursor starting position is over a button or scroll bar. Not sure if that's a touchpad config problem, I guess it could be a new "feature" for window behaviour in this version of KDE.
    I'm trying to narrow down if something has changed in the driver for my touchpad (i.e. it's hardware specific) or if it's something that other people are seeing (it might be a new KDE thing).

My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T440s

Thanks
    samhobbs.co.uk

Have you tried cleaning your fingers lately?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Have you tried cleaning your fingers lately?
      I've tried, but I just can't seem to keep them clean!!
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I'm no touchpad user but just tried on this w520 and with a clean index finger the touchpad acts normal, nothing sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          I'm no touchpad user but just tried on this w520 and with a clean index finger the touchpad acts normal, nothing sticky.
          Try a more frantic back and forth motion, in sure you'll be able to replicate the symptoms I'm seeing
          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

It's a bit slow to start from the right hand side but that part is reserved for up and down scrolling.

Comment

nope ,,,,,my touch pad is just fine hear on 14.10

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                Try a more frantic back and forth motion, in sure you'll be able to replicate the symptoms I'm seeing
                I got my frantic on every scroll bar and button I could find. The only thing I noticed was sweaty fingers and exhaustion of the extremities. A quick smoke fixed that right up. My touchpad has kind of warm glow now, though.

Comment

Working...
                X