Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Desktop Icon That Will Not Extinguish..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Desktop Icon That Will Not Extinguish..

Hello everyone. Erik Here, I hope all are well. I've come past a small but very annoying little thing I cannot fix. It's so simple that I'll just break it down barney style..

- I had an Inkscape icon on my only KDE panel forever now.
    - I tried to clean up said panel by adding a smaller panel on another screen edge
    - During this cleansing, I accidentally dragged and dropped (half drunk) my Inkscape panel onto my desktop, creating just a desktop icon that works fine, but I do not want
    - It will not go away. KDE isn't treating it like a normal widget or shortcut that you put on (the plasma sidebar doesn't appear with the X and screw driver)
    - When I right click, it said 'Icon Settings' and 'Default Desktop Options', neither of which give me the ability to delete
    - My panel and nothing else is locked, really, I do sorta know what I'm doing.
    - Cannot highlight on desktop, as expected, so no shift-del

I think most of you understand. As a long time Kubuntu and KDE fanatic, I'm sure it's something I'm simply not thinking of at the moment. I know I've done this before, but could someone tell me something I might be missing? And just to avoid further confusion, I am by no means stupid, but I am not a guru of Kubuntu.. that rhymed (First!).. So please, if anyone is willing to help, maybe again, break it down barney style so everyone will know what everyone is talking about. Thanks guys and thanks Kubuntu. Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	648751

If you open a console and change in to the Desktop directory, do you see the item listed? Can you just delete it from there? Or open Dolphin and open the Desktop folder.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      If you open a console and change in to the Desktop directory, do you see the item listed? Can you just delete it from there? Or open Dolphin and open the Desktop folder.
      Just tried it. It didn't show up in the list and actually, non of the icons in the the desktop folder were actually on the desktop anymore. Still cannot figure it out! thanks for the help though Snowhog.

Comment

Working...
      X