X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu alongside OS X Mavericks. Black screen w/ flashing cursor

Hey guys,

After much debate over which flavor of Ubuntu to dual boot on my macbook. I have chosen Kubuntu ;3

Now down to the problem,

I have searched everywhere I could, and have not found a solid answer to my problem. I did fond one thing but would like opinions about it before I try it. I installed Kubuntu as per a guid eo nthe net. I installed rEFInd, as most people seem to recommend it. Everything went smooth, the rEFInd works perfectly (as far as I can see) OSX boots fine, and the install of Kubuntu went without error. When I booted up my macbook after installking Kubuntu, and chose the Linux option in rEFInd, it brings me to a black screen, with a blinking cursor in the top left. Nothing happens.

So after hours of googling, I have not found anything definite, but I did find a guide about using a "Hybrid MBR". Before I try that though, does anybody have any ideas? Have you heard of or had this happen to you?

Sorry if there is already a post about this, I couldn't find it D:

Thanks for any help,

Xedd

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums . Net.

Which guides did you find/use? Did you find this: How to Install and Dual Boot Linux on a Mac
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hey yeah I used http://www.howtogeek.com/187410/how-...inux-on-a-mac/ that.
      Last edited by xeddmc; Sep 26, 2014, 03:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Welcome to Kubuntu Forums . Net.

Which guides did you find/use? Did you find this: How to Install and Dual Boot Linux on a Mac
        Any ideas? /

Comment

Well, as you have just installed Kubuntu, and if this were me, I'd read those instructions again, carefully, and reinstall Kubuntu. Something you did or did not do is likely the culprit.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X