Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use one of my hard drives with Amarok as source for music?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use one of my hard drives with Amarok as source for music?

I have several hard drives. One has my music collection in a directory named Music. My OS is installed on a SSD, so you can understand I do not want to move a large quantity of music onto my SSD, it would not fit. If it helps any, it was used with itunes, so it is neatly organized with Artists A-Z / Album A-Z. I would like Amarok to use this hard drive as the source of music, similary to how itunes used it. Scan for changes, add to the .directory if I add an album etc etc. Could someone please help me in accomplishing this? Hopefully, step by step. Thank you in advance. In case you are wondering, the amount we are talking about is quarter TB, but a lot is FLAC, so it is not all that much really. Also how could I get rid of the taskbar Amarok and just leave the Amarok logo on the right side panel.

In amarok's settings, there is a place to tell it where you're music collection is. You simply have to point it there, and you are good to go.

I'm away from home, so I can't specify the exact steps, but once you find the settings section, it should be quick to find what you need.

Comment

Thanks, I found it.

Comment

Working...
      X