Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 14.04 issues with Lexmark 2404939 X2670 All-in-One Printer Copy/Print/Scan

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 14.04 issues with Lexmark 2404939 X2670 All-in-One Printer Copy/Print/Scan

Hello everyone, I've created a separate thread here for the printer issues, and I'm keeping the other thread for mic/web cam issues since that category was too broad to include all three.

Specifically I'm having problems with the Lexmark 2404939 X2670 All-in-One Printer Copy/Print/Scan printer. It may be time for me to get an HP printer since those are more compatible, but I would prefer to continue to use this one if I can. I'm really at a loss for where to go from here.

When I've looked at other forums for this printer, the driver installation seems to fail for those users and they seem to give up. Is there any real way to fix this or is it just unsupported?

From what I see, Lexmark stopped linux driver support at Ubuntu version 10.10 for this printer. You could try and force the install of the old drivers.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...rompage=null#1

There is a default Lexmark driver installed by default. I assume you tried that one and it failed? Does System Settings list your printer?

Please Read Me

Comment

System settings does list my printer. It doesn't seem to work however. Also, it's not showing up in Skanlite (it's a printer and a scanner). I think what my solution will be is to just use my laptop to print (since I very rarely print) and to scan things (which I also rarely do). I'm going to consider this resolved by my standards.
      Last edited by ferociousmadman; Sep 01, 2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X