Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, weird (although perhaps there is a reason for that...one that I'm not aware of).

EDIT: The reason could be this one:
    However, note that dpkg will not replace a conffile that was removed by the user (or by a script). This is necessary because with some programs a missing file produces an effect hard or impossible to achieve in another way, so that a missing file needs to be kept that way if the user did it.
    https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-po...conffiles.html

btw, are you actually using systemd to boot the machine (do you have systemd-sysv installed)?
    If you are, is that working for you (as systemd on *buntus is still a work in progress, I haven't taken the leap yet)?
    Last edited by kubicle; Aug 26, 2014, 02:58 AM.

Comment

btw, are you actually using systemd to boot the machine (do you have systemd-sysv installed)?
      If you are, is that working for you (as systemd on *buntus is still a work in progress, I haven't taken the leap yet)?
      Not yet. I notice that systemd-sysv is available, but not flagged as an Ubuntu officially supported package. Maybe there is a reason. I may give it a try in the next few days; for the moment I notice that /sbin/init links to upstart.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by doctordruidphd View Post
        Not yet. I notice that systemd-sysv is available, but not flagged as an Ubuntu officially supported package. Maybe there is a reason. I may give it a try in the next few days; for the moment I notice that /sbin/init links to upstart.
        If you decide to test it, you probably should have a recovery plan in place (like booting from a livemedia and chrooting into the install), just in case you have trouble booting with systemd. From what I hear, systemd should be in a "usable" state, but there are no guarantees in the devel version.

Comment

Working...
        X