X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Tooth headset has no sound output.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a bluetooth headset to work with 14.04. It used to work with 12.? from memory, but I'm not having any luck with 14.04 at all.

They seem to be pairing OK. I can see them in the bluetooth control panel, and in the audio setup there is a device with a profile of Telephone Duplex (HSP/HFP) when they are paired, but I can't even get a test tone out of them when I try.

Any ideas where to look for this?

Peter.

check system settings multimedia audio and video be sure the device you want output from is on the top of the list for the catagory you want the output for. or try veromix widget where you can move sound to different sinks (outputs) on the fly.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi sithlord48. Tried that. Installed veromix and it seems to think the sound is going to the headset, but nothing actually comes out of it.

Comment

Turn up the volume on your headset.

================================================== ==========

Here's some other advice you may need soon:

If your change isn't returned from your VENDING MACHINE, here are the steps to retrieve the change (as recommended by my IT support department):

"Funny, the change came out YESTERDAY..."

"The change is supposed to come out the slot below. Did you look there?"

"Did you Read The F-ing Manual?"

"Sounds like an outdated model. Time to upgrade."

"Turn off the machine and turn it on again."

"Give it a good whack on the top."

"Probably a hardware problem. I'm the software guy."

"You see, the coin goes in the upper slot and then a weight-determinant lever assigns the direction of the coin's fall into one of several different slots, which passes a sensor coupled to the choice button which the customer presses to determine which of the multiply stocked sodas are supposed to be dispensed. There is an additional sensor to detect duds and fake coins, which in some modern machines uses an optical pattern recognition paradigm, while in older versions a color filter was used. What was the question, again?"

"Push the button. If that doesn't work, push the other button."

"This is what happens when you go with THAT vending machine manufacturer."

"Did you file a Bug report?"

================================================== ================

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
        and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Already is... Got another headset (same sort), paired that, it shows up as a BTH 068B, but same problem. No sound even though the system has it selected as the output device.

Comment

if you have not done so when the sound you want is playing open up veromix and rt click on the |> icon by the source try using "move to" to move the sound to your headset device sometimes the settings can be a bit stuborn with were they output too.

i have several outputs i actively use on my computer one is the analog 3/8 jack another HDMI and a bluetooth headset (Turtle Beach PX5s) . alot of the time it works automaticly but others i need to use veromix to move the stream to my desired output.

Comment

Hi sithlord48. Thanks again for the input. Sadly, been there, done that (after you suggestion to install veromix. The stream seems to move to the correct output, but nothing ever eventuates on the head set. In other news, nothing ever comes in from the mic either, so atleast its consistent.

Thanks.
              Peter.

Comment

check the profile for the device in system settings -> multimedia -> audio video settings -> audio hardware set up.

select your head set and check the profile .. here you can also test sound output from the selected sound card.
                this kcm is for setting options for your sound hardware. if you card support more then one profile this is where to change it. prehaps your headset is stuck in headphone (stero out no mic ) profile or something similar instead of headset (with mic/ speakers)

Comment

Working...
                X