X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I reset my display settings?

Hi all,

I have been using Kubuntu 13.04 for quite some time now and it always works great with projectors. I normally run openoffice for presentations and have never had a problem with the projector and laptop communicating. That all changed a couple of weeks ago. Normally I would plug in the projector then start the laptop so it detects everything okay. On this occasion I plugged in the projector and opened the laptop from sleep mode. This really seemed to mess things up and the more I tried to fix it the worse it got. Is there a file somewhere that I can reset display options to their original settings? I have not had any luck trying to fix this from the Kubuntu display settings in the System Settings tool.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

have you tried unplugging the projector and rebooting the box ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

This... rm ~/.kde/share/apps/kscreen/* ...should remove all saved profiles. Probably best to do it from a TTY console when you're logged out of the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        This... rm ~/.kde/share/apps/kscreen/* ...should remove all saved profiles. Probably best to do it from a TTY console when you're logged out of the desktop.
        That solved it! Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
        X