X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu: My request.

Hello,
    Kubuntu is a very reliable software, noone could doubt, however I have a request. In order to upgrade to next version we will have always to pass by the network. My network is not reliabled-pitable dsl connections-, and hence in upgrade operation it always failed.
    Is it possible the have way to upgrade by a dvd or USB ?
    I wish, I have one .iso to upgrade directly from it. Could you think to those that have a badconnections ? I know that in US, most of you have fiber to home, it is not the case in the France, and many countries in Europ.
    Could you think of us in the next version of Ubuntu ?

Regards.

New versions are always available as a .iso file to download and burn to a dvd or usb stick. If your internet connection is so unreliable that you cannot download this file yourself I am sure there are many members of this forum that will be happy to make a dvd for you and post to you.
    Or if you have a local library in your area with a much better internet connection you can always download the file store it on a usb stick then take it home and burn it to a DVD, that is what I did before I got aDSL.

Comment

If you've ever installed a package from the repository, or from launchpad or another source of deb packages, that were not on the installation ISO, then those packages would never be "upgraded" except from the repository from which they came.

The downloadable ISO may NOT have all of the packages that are installed on a Kubuntu installation, even an ISO that is more recent than that from which the installation is made. So having an "upgrade" option on an ISO wouldn't make much sense. But, there is one thing that could be tried ... disable all the repositories and activate the CDROM line in the repository setting. Put in the newer ISO and then refresh the repository and click the "Check for Updates" button. I've never tried this, and it may not work, but it is worth a try.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

http://www.osdisc.com

Maybe try them
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X