This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In place upgrade from 12.10?

I have a netbook that has been sitting around for a while. It has 12.10 on it, and the repositories are all gone now. Can I still do an 'in place' upgrade on this? I don't want to have to set up a whole new fresh install again.

I will take it all the way to 14.04, but I understand that I have to do it in steps through 13.04, 13.10, then 14.04.

Thanks.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Yeah, well, forget about it... I'm doing a fresh install as I'm going to 64 bit anyway.

Thanks.

Comment

On third thought, I would still like to try this if it is possible. Just too much work for a new install on a machine that I don't use that often. We're taking this machine on a trip through Asia where it could get stolen. It is a cheap machine, and I Just don't want to invest a lot of time and effort in it.

Problem is that I need a few packages installed on it before I go, and the 12.10 repositories are gone.

Thanks.

Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
        ... I would still like to try this ... Just too much work for a new install ...
        A new install would be less work, IMO, if you don't have thorny driver issues. I'd expect it to be far quicker, too.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Total time is not an issue. It is MY time that is the issue. An in place upgrade takes the MACHINE's time, not mine.

I'd still like to try it that way.

Frank.

Comment

Working...
          X