command, I got a long list of hit and ign repositories. The following lines
    represent how the list ended:
    Fetched 972 kB in 36s (26.8 kB/s)
    The index /var/lib/apt-xapian-index is up to date
    Reading package lists... Done
    marco@DX200:~$

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
      So, I just created the file "xapian" and saved it.
      Your output looks fine. But would you please rename the file to 90xapian? You'll note the other files in that directory start with a number. A Debian utility called run-parts executes these files, in lexical sort order. This is a common method for managing the system in all Debian derivates. Part of ensuring the idea works is to run the file at the appropriate time. The 90 pushes it toward the end of the run-parts pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        It looks like you're running Arch, not Kubuntu. Arch uses a completely different package management system called Pacman. You have several Pacman-related files in /etc.
        I have not installed Arch, I don't have Arch.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
          Looks like Manjaro to me (Manjaro is based on Arch linux)

Comment

I made that file 90xapian and run apt-get update. It gives about 80 lines with hit and ignore. Do I have to copy them here too?
            Last three lines:
            Code:
            Reading Xapian index: done.  
            Updating Xapian index: done.  
            Pakketlijsten worden ingelezen... Klaar
            (The last line is Dutch. It means: Reading packing lists... Done.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
              Correct it is Manjaro. But Manjaro is not Arch but like you say is based upon Arch. In the same way that Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu is not Debian but is based upon Debian.

Comment

Your output looks fine. But would you please rename the file to 90xapian? You'll note the other files in that directory start with a number. A Debian utility called run-parts executes these files, in lexical sort order. This is a common method for managing the system in all Debian derivates. Part of ensuring the idea works is to run the file at the appropriate time. The 90 pushes it toward the end of the run-parts pass.
                Sorry! Bad in my posting the result. I actually had saved the file with correct name "90xapian".

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                  Correct it is Manjaro. But Manjaro is not Arch but like you say is based upon Arch.
                  Yeah, I realized you had Manjaro when I took a second look at your screenshot after I surmised you might have Arch. Obviously, then, any of the more *buntu-ish stuff we discuss here at KFN wouldn't apply to your Majaro installation.

Comment

Yeah, I realized you had Manjaro when I took a second look at your screenshot after I surmised you might have Arch. Obviously, then, any of the more *buntu-ish stuff we discuss here at KFN wouldn't apply to your Majaro installation.
                    I know, My original comment was not a serious comment

Edit: do you still have Arch installed on a separate partition or did you remove it?

Comment

Edit: do you still have Arch installed on a separate partition or did you remove it?
                      Not presently. It was on my ThinkPad X1 for a while. I wiped that off when I set up my X1 for the dual boot experiment I documented in the KFN knowledge base. I'll probably do another Arch install when Plasma 5.1 / Frameworks 5.1 are released.

Comment

Working...
                      X