This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] What is my current wallpaper?

How can I find out my current wallpaper that is set via plasma slideshow? This has to be saved somewhere? If you set the wallpaper, you can find the current wallpaper in `~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc`. However, I can't find anything similar for the current wallpaper set via slideshow. I'd like to query it so I can use `feh` to do transparent background emulation in conky. All topics I see on this are old and none has a solution that I've seen. Any ideas?
    Last edited by jseabold; Jun 29, 2014, 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Right-click on the Desktop and select Default Desktop Settings. Set Wallpaper to Slideshow (should already be set as such in your case?). The settings for which images to use are configurable here.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Slideshow Settings.png
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	642299
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, these are the settings, but how can I query what the current wallpaper is from the command line? This bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195930 suggests that it's not possible, which is a total shame. Been broken for 5+ years it looks like.
      Last edited by jseabold; Jun 29, 2014, 12:05 PM. Reason: fix link

Comment

It's not exactly a solution to finding out the current wallpaper, but I found a way to enable transparency in conky without using `feh`. Maybe this will help someone else. From this blog post. Add this to your conky settings

Code:
        own_window yes     
        own_window_argb_visual true     
        own_window_argb_value 0     
        own_window_type desktop     
        own_window_transparent yes

Comment

Working...
        X