X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+mac [older MacPro 1,1 2,1, MacBooks etc. 32-bit efi, else 64-bit]

Hell Mca folks

Hi timgood, You can go to: http://releases.ubuntu.com - Click the 13.10 release, and the +mac link will work, it's ubuntu. You would then grab the KDE desktop and install. If you want to go to 14.04 ubuntu you can, but the link is broken (at least it was today) but if you are patiant and search for it, you can find a good link for the +mac iso, again it's ubuntu so you would need to download/install the desktop envirnment you want to use. Hope this helps. It seems like the early MacPro's (1,1 1,2) and simular 32-bit EFI machines, although eminently capable, are gitting a little long in the tooth (wouldn't trade mine for any consumer grade desktop on the market. I trust in ECC, only wish we could get ZFS on linux, it's default with freeBSD) . I wish there were a kubuntu +mac 14.04LTS too, that was what I was looking for but just had to "settle" for ubuntu.

As an aside, if you don't want a dual boot - just a stand alone install on a MacPro 1,1 2,1 - load your iso in the superdrive, restart, hold the "c" key(for CD) NOT the L- mouse (if you use the L- mouse, EFI/OS X will report a non-bootable DVD).

Hope this helps
    Last edited by cschw; May 16, 2014, 02:17 AM. Reason: trying to get a first post to respond to timgood
Working...
X