X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrade to 14.04, LibreOffice icons appear massive and fuzzy

Hi all,

I've been working through some problems since upgrading to Kubuntu Trusty. Most of my applications seem to work just fine post-upgrade, but LibreOffice does not.

When I started up LibreOffice post-upgrade, I was startled to see that all of the icons in the toolbars were really, really large (and fuzzy/pixelated). They're being scaled up for some bizarre reason. I don't know how to get them back to normal. I tried removing/purging LibreOffice and reinstalling, but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Screenshot here. You'll want to view it at full resolution to see the issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LibreOffice-Huge-Fuzzy-Icons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	648180

Install "libreoffice-kde" and "libreoffice-style-oxygen" if you don't have those packages already. That might help.
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

That was a good idea - and I didn't have libreoffice-kde, probably because I purged all LibreOffice packages earlier - but it had no effect whatsoever. Nor did my renaming my LibreOffice profile folder, which forced LibreOffice to build a new profile.

Comment

Did you try playing with the icon size and other interface knobs in Tools, Options, View?

Comment

Yep. Got nowhere. Most of those controls only alter the things that are rendering normally.

The icons on the toolbars are abnormally large. They're all pixelated. I'm mystified; this doesn't seem to be a common problem, and it is not affecting any of the other computers I upgraded to 14.04.

Comment

Its probably some config files left over from pre-upgrade.
            What I would do is:
            Code:
            sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*
            Then go into your home folder & delete the libreoffice folder in .config, then:
            Code:
            sudo apt-get install libreoffice

Comment

Working...
            X