Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, dpms is showing off so whatever is putting your monitors to sleep isn't xorg. Your resolutions and configs are all out of whack too. I take it you're not using that xorg.conf now or are you? Try attaching your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to a post. You have to make a copy of it and rename it to .txt, then attach it to a post using the "Go Advanced" button lower right on the forum posting screen. It should have your monitor details in there.

Please Read Me

Comment

I currently am not using any xorg.conf, that one is what I most recently had. I am attaching the log file (I think, I haven't done this before), I let the monitors fall asleep just before making this post, but it doesn't seem to have caused any output to the file.

I'm sorry for my ignorance on this topic, I'm still building my mental picture of how all these things work and interact with each other.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen so many errors in that log file before. I think you are having driver issues. Based on what I've read lately about ATI drivers it seems likely.

Anyway: Let's try something. open a terminal and type:

xset dpms 60 90 120

Then wait. The monitors should go off in a minute and at the same time. If they do and your desktop looks normal when you wake them up, then try a longer time until you're happy, then put the command in /etc/rc.local. If it doesn't help. we'll have to try something else.

I don't know why your monitors are going off at all. dpms says it's disabled and xorg says so too.

Please Read Me

Comment

I gave that a try, and the monitors went black at the same time after 1 minute. After that, though, they tried to enter sleep mode. This caused the same issue that's been happening. I'm not sure what is making them go into sleep mode, it seems to be the monitors themselves but I can't see anything in their settings (through the menu button on the side of the monitor). However, that doesn't make sense to me, as I never saw this issue before the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X