This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    PAE for 32 bit Kubuntu since 12.04 has been enabled. However, perhaps your system hasn't installed a PAE kernel.
    There is a howto here.

yup .. it has PAE now, at the time of writing that i was still a little ignorant of PAE

thanks!

also, i should add. did some research on those AMD cpu's i have.. 4170 and 955 Black Edition...
    it turns out they are not real quad core CPU's - its all a hoax.. only two physical cores..
    same goes for AMD six core, it is only 3 physical cores.
    i was thinking of upgrading to 6 cores.

can clock the 4170 to almost 5GHz with a 100$ cooler, but its still measly 2 cores

pretty sure next build will be intel
    Last edited by millusions; Oct 22, 2014, 04:05 PM.
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

Originally posted by millusions View Post
      yup .. it has PAE now, at the time of writing that i was still a little ignorant of PAE

thanks!

also, i should add. did some research on those AMD cpu's i have.. 4170 and 955 Black Edition...
      it turns out they are not real quad core CPU's - its all a hoax.. only two physical cores..
      same goes for AMD six core, it is only 3 physical cores.
      i was thinking of upgrading to 6 cores.

can clock the 4170 to almost 5GHz with a 100$ cooler, but its still measly 2 cores

pretty sure next build will be intel
      See Steve Riley's EXCELLENT post on cores and hyperthreading here!.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 22, 2014, 05:41 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

thanks! that guy is a genius lol
        K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

And he's smart, too!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X