This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium v34 missing keyboard button presses with ibus running

After updating today, Chromium v34 misses keyboard button presses with ibus running. At first it seems to work when writing in the address bar, but after writing in a text box on any web page, most key presses don't register, including the address bar. Other apps (including GTK apps) seem to not be affected. Chromium works fine again as soon as I exit ibus.

Also I just noticed Flash does not work anymore in Chromium after updating (Plugin not found). It works fine in Firefox.

Edit: Installing the package "pepperflashplugin-nonfree" fixed the Flash issue.
    Last edited by SamuraiGhost; Apr 15, 2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Now all it does is crash within 10 seconds of starting. From dmesg:
      [14696.492720] Chrome_FileThre[9762]: segfault at 68 ip 00007fc5776b1ab1 sp 00007fc53bffd5d0 error 4 in libgtk2ui.so[7fc577695000+26000]

-_-;

Edit: Chromium 34 seems to work well on my laptop with Xubuntu. Same architecture and ibus is installed. Anyone have this problem or can maybe give me an idea on what to try?
      Last edited by SamuraiGhost; Apr 16, 2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

hey there. Having the same troubles. What is your ibus next layout shortcut and your kde layout switch shortcut? what are your layouts in kde and ibus?

Comment

I use super+space for the next layout. I have Dvorak set as the system layout (set at install) and in ibus I have Dvorak and Anthy. (Japanese IME)

Edit: On my laptop with Xubuntu, ibus is installed with Chromium (Both same versions as in Kubuntu, same layout) and the issue does not occur. The crashing issue I noted above stopped occurring after an update. The ibus issue with chromium in kubuntu is still present however.

Edit2: Every time I exit ibus now, Firefox crashes. I don't recall that ever happening in the past.
          Last edited by SamuraiGhost; Apr 16, 2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X