This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWIN keeps crashing.

I've just installed some new NVIDIA drivers, not using the package manager, because those don't work, and am now getting constant crashes of KWIN every time the machine comes out of any sort of sleep state.

I can usually get it back by killing kwin from another session and the kwin --replace, but its a total pain in the neck.

There is a thread at https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...=kwin+crashing which seems a little similar, but its for 14.02 and so the ppa recommended won't work for me. I'm on kernel 3.11.0-19-generic, which is different to the post above, but other than that things are pretty similar.

Any ideas how to get kwin to behave??

I'd venture to say it isn't a KWin problem but instead a return-from-sleep problem. There may not be a solution, as such functions are often very hardware-dependent and poorly documented by equipment manufacturers.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

sadly, the same thing is happeneing with the brand new fresh install of 14.04 I've just done. VERY annoying. Have to keep doing kwin --replace all the time.

Bluetooth has blow up too. The mouse connected once, but no more. Won't even see it now.. sigh.

Comment

Hm. I need to get both my machines up to 14.04 this weekend so I can help troubleshoot some of these problems. Sorry that I can't think of anything else right now.

Comment

Working...
        X