This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to access NTFS Partition from NetRunner 13.12

I am using Netrunner 13.12 besides Windows 8.1 Pro (Dual Boot).
    Suddenly i am facing a problem,
    that is
    I cannot access NTFS Partition from NetRunner .
    When I am selecting a drive to access, the following message is showing.

According to the instruction, i fully shut down, windows 8.1.
    But even after that i cannot access the local drive.
    Please Help me tho fix this problem.

I would next try runing CHKDSK on the partition/drive that contanes these files from windows ,,,,,,, if the NTFS file system has been flaged unclean by windows linux will not mount it ,,,,,,,,exept maby in ro/read only moad

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

That usually is caused by Windows going into hibernate or hybrid shutdown mode. Basically, it leaves the files "open" so it starts up faster. Before you do anything drastic: Boot back to Windows, open a terminal (in the "Run" bar type "cmd" then enter) Then type this in the terminal:

shutdown /s /t 0

It should immediately start shutting down. Once it's off, reboot into Netrunner again and try accessing the drive. If it works, you'll know my suspicion was correct. You can either disable hybrid shutdown completely or make a shortcut in your Windows menu to do a full shutdown like above.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        That usually is caused by Windows going into hibernate or hybrid shutdown mode. Basically, it leaves the files "open" so it starts up faster. Before you do anything drastic: Boot back to Windows, open a terminal (in the "Run" bar type "cmd" then enter) Then type this in the terminal:

shutdown /s /t 0

It should immediately start shutting down. Once it's off, reboot into Netrunner again and try accessing the drive. If it works, you'll know my suspicion was correct. You can either disable hybrid shutdown completely or make a shortcut in your Windows menu to do a full shutdown like above.
        Humm ,,,, 0 experience with win 8 @hear ....try @oshunluvr's suggestion first ,,,,,,sounds right but I dont think running CHKDSK would hurt ,,,,,if win8 still uses it any way ?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X