X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Domain in Authentication Dialog

Hi,

I got a fresh install of Kubuntu 13.10 at my office. I'm using Dolphin and when I trying to connect to one of our servers, I can't change the domain. Can I add this option?

Thanks

domain name can be set in resolv.conf but I'm not sure that's what you're asking.

I believe (not at a linux machine at the moment) /etc/resolv.d has head, tail, and one other file in it. Add

domain whatever

to head and reboot.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hi,

here two screenshots to help understand my problem.
      I need to change the domain when I'm connecting to the network to acces my files.
      I unable to do that with Dolphin.

Dolphin:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdry7weqft8trpv/Dolphin.png

Nautilus:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/za1uxb1toziwabf/Nautilus.png

Thanks
      Last edited by Obaboune; Mar 13, 2014, 01:56 PM. Reason: Image

Comment

Well, on my 13.10, I open Dolphin > Network > Samba Shares > click on WORKGROUP, and enter username and password.

I actually have two different domains on my network and I access both this way.

Please Read Me

Comment

You're connecting to a Windows network with Microsoft Active Directory, right?

For Dolphin, in the username field, try entering DOMAIN\USERNAME. You will, of course, need at least the Samba client installed.

Comment

SteveRiley, you rock.

I installed Samba with the Muon Package Manager. Then, I entered DOMAIN/USERNAME in username and it works.

Thanks

Comment

Glad you got it working. Seems like I'll never be able to completely purge my brain of Windows stuff, LOL

Comment

Working...
              X