X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screens not returning after sleep or power off

Hi Guys,

more issues with the nvidia setup I think.

Not had this before, but X seems to be doing crazy things when the machine shuts down the screen, either as hybernate or just turns the screens off due to inactivity.

It doesn't seem to matter if its one or both screens connected. When it tries to restart the X server, I get what appears to be a bunch of lines with partial triangular images of the underlying desktop radiating from a point on the screen and just flashing crazy stuff, and the laptop is running flat out (kwin pegged usually).

The only way I've found to fix it so far is to kill Xorg and re-log in.

Thought it might be something to do with trying glx 3.0 but still seems to be a problem on glx 2 so not sure it is related to that now.

Any ideas?

What version of the nvidia driver are you on? More details would help...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...9/+bug/1220865

Please Read Me

Comment

Sorry oshunluvr your right, report was a bit light on.

Running on version 331.49 installed from the install script (everything from the packages has recently broken my system completely, see other posts).

Kubuntu 13.10 fully patched.

Been mucking around with the quality settings on system settings so may have something to do with setting them to the highest quality/sharpness etc available, but don't really know.

Peter.

Comment

Have had this again this morning after returning from sleep. Work around is to go to a text console, kill kwin, export Display and Xauthority, restart kwin, which immediately crashes but in the process kills the screen saver or what ever it is breaking up the screen. It can then be restarted from the crash handler on the graphics session and all seems good.

Nasty, but effective.

Comment

Working...
        X