X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password before installation

Hello,

I am trying to install Kubuntu 13.10 on my old computer. The computer has a motherboard that is quite old. I tried to install using USB stick (with PLOP Boot Manager CD) but the motherboard won't boot up with it so I have to install using DVD. Here is my problem: Kubuntu Live DVD boots up but it boots to a log in screen asking for password. This is quite unusual. Usually, the first thing that boot up is a screen that ask you to install Kubuntu or Try it. That screen got loaded up but the it went straight to the log in screen asking for password. Have this situation happened to you before? What password should I enter? Please let me know. Thank you.

How old is the motherboard? It may have a non-supported graphics card or chip. Usually live CD's that bounce to the command line during boot are the result of a graphics issue.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
      How old is the motherboard? It may have a non-supported graphics card or chip. Usually live CD's that bounce to the command line during boot are the result of a graphics issue.
      It did not bounce to command line. It justs bounce to Kubuntu login screen which asks for password without specifying for which user. If it is at command line, at least I can use some command to show what error it has. But no command line or anything.

Comment

Without the specifications of the PC you have, we can't help. There are minimum system requirements for Kubuntu. If your PC doesn't meet these minimums, you won't be able to install/use Kubuntu.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X