This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds work but no audio in google voice

Installed the Goolgle Talk Plugin and it appears to work but there is no sound.

I can go to YouTube sound and it works, but no sound on Google Talk.

# uname -a
    Linux ehawk 3.11.0-17-generic #31-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 3 21:52:43 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am not familiar with Google Talk but you can start by installing the volume control for Pulse Audio, it's called pavucontrol.
    In it you'll find more 'channels' to control, hopefully it includes what Google Talk needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      I am not familiar with Google Talk but you can start by installing the volume control for Pulse Audio, it's called pavucontrol.
      In it you'll find more 'channels' to control, hopefully it includes what Google Talk needs.
      Thank you, Teunis, for you reply. I am going to test the pavucontrol as time permits. I should be able to do that tomorrow. I will let you know how it works.
      Thans again, ehawk
      Last edited by ehawk; Mar 08, 2014, 02:26 AM. Reason: I'm new to this...Stil learning where to type!

Comment

You can also try
        sudo alsamixer
        and set the "Digital" contol to a higher value.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi GreyGeek, the sound now seems to be working! Thanks so much for offering you help. Hope I can do the same sometime.

Comment

Did it start working by itself (perhaps after an update?) or did you do something? If so, what? That info may be useful to others who experience the same problem!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X