This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Job well done.

I've been using Kubnutu for many years. (First install was in 2004?) So I've been through a lot of releases. Version 12.04 though is the one I've stuck with on my laptop. It's been fast, complete and rock solid. So I've not upgraded as there has been no reason to. I know I'll need to as support will be endng soon. I'll be upgrading. But before this version goes off into the sunset, I just want to say thanks to all those who contributed to and supported to this fine OS.

WMRobins
    Last edited by wmrobins; Mar 01, 2014, 10:08 AM.

Dittro!

I recently upgraded from 12.04 to 14.04 indirectly. I did a fresh re-install. 14.04 is the best version of Kubuntu & KDE yet!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

12.04 is an LTS support so you'll have support until April, 2017.

That said: 14.04 is shaping up to be a heck of a nice improvement. My take? Let 14.04 shake out for a few months, and then upgrade to it. I'm running 13.10 now but I will move to 14.04 around July.

Please Read Me

Comment

I upgraded a VirtualBox guest from 13.10 to 14.04. I also have a VirtualBox installed directly from 14.04 alpha2. Both are pretty solid. That's really good for an alpha. I have two hosts running 12.04 and both are rock solid. I'm very happy with them.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X