This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

active connections / wifi icon missing from task bar

That little wifi icon in the task bar, the one titled "active connections" is missing on my roommie's laptop. Either he or a friend must have accidentally deleted it. For the life of me, I can't seem to find how to put it back. I've searched for old forum posts. I've looked in the Panel Tool Box. I've looked in System Settings. It's frustrating because I've run across this before, but I can't seem to remember how it's fixed. A google search revealed a page of people talking about a really old version of Kubuntu.

What am I missing? How to you bring that back. Also, is it possible to lock the task bar so someone won't accidentally delete it again?
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Right-click the little triangle in the tray and choose System Tray Settings. On the Display page, ensure that all categories are selected, and that the Network Management extra item is selected. On the Entries page page, ensure that visibility for Network Management is set to Auto.

Comment

Problem solved. Thanks, man.
      Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
      ================================

Comment

My pleasure.

Comment

Working...
        X