X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firewall

Hello anyone.

I recently discovered that, since I am on an IPv6 connection, my router does not provide me with NAT capabilities.

This means that, essentially, I am wandering naked around the internet, like in the old times before being aware of the existence of firewalls.

Now, I know that there is the powerful IPtables and its "uncomplicated" interface UFW. Unfortunately neither the last is so user-friendly.

On Gnome there are the nice Gufw and Firestarter to help the users building up their firewall rules.

My question is, then, what can we use on KDE?

Many thanks in advance!
    Kubuntu 13.04 on Dell Inspiron 15z, CPU i7, Video Sandy Bridge + Nvidia GeForce 630M, RAM 8GB, SSD 32GB + SATA 500GB

If you are familiar with gufw, go ahead an install it. It doesn't bring in a lot of baggage. sudo apt-get install --simulate shows:
    Code:
    The following extra packages will be installed:
      gir1.2-atk-1.0 gir1.2-freedesktop gir1.2-gdkpixbuf-2.0 gir1.2-gtk-3.0 gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-3.0 gir1.2-pango-1.0 gir1.2-webkit-3.0 gnome-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme-symbolic
      humanity-icon-theme python-netifaces
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      gir1.2-atk-1.0 gir1.2-freedesktop gir1.2-gdkpixbuf-2.0 gir1.2-gtk-3.0 gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-3.0 gir1.2-pango-1.0 gir1.2-webkit-3.0 gnome-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme-symbolic gufw
      humanity-icon-theme python-netifaces
    0 upgraded, 12 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    So, if you want gufw, in the console type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gufw
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

In the end I managed to install a module for control center, this one: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=137789

Unfortunately, it was a bit messy to install (it did not compile due to missing QT path variables).

Someone of the Italian community pointed me to some .deb files to install it.
      This is for 32bit and this is for 64bit.

So, thanks for the reply!

How does exactly work to mark this question as closed?
      Kubuntu 13.04 on Dell Inspiron 15z, CPU i7, Video Sandy Bridge + Nvidia GeForce 630M, RAM 8GB, SSD 32GB + SATA 500GB

Comment

Don't Close the thread. Just click on Thread Tools and select Mark this thread as solved...
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Done!

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by dadexix86 View Post
            I recently discovered that, since I am on an IPv6 connection, my router does not provide me with NAT capabilities.
            I am curious how you made this determination?

Comment

Working...
            X