This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mobile broadmand

A week or so ago we changed from satellite internet (dial-up is better), to a 4G connection. We connected each laptop individually by USB tether, to a cell phone. All we did the very first time was plug in the USB, and it connected. Network Manager showed it as wired connection 1, terminal showed it as usb0. However, due to a small grub error and not having a grub rescue, I ended up doing a install over an existing instullation, without formatting, leaving my settings in place.

However, I finished the re-install, plugged in my phone and nothing. There is no connection, I tried a wifi with no luck., this also worked before. I have searched and found a bunch of questions about getting a dongle working, the kind that has to dial out. the connection we are doing is just tethered from the phone no dialing out. We just plug in and there is the connection.

I imagine I'm going to have to download a few packages on a different pc and transfer them over. I'm just not 100% sure exactly sure which one's.
    Sent from my phone, so please overlook the typo's I cant hit these small keys.

I meant to say that running ifconfig, and iwconfig both just show no connection. Lsusb shows, motorola MB860, I'm not sure how it listed the phone before.

Sent from my phone, so please overlook the typo's I cant hit these small keys.

Comment

Working...
    X