Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A System Problem was Detected/Ubuntu 13.10 has encountered an internal error

Lately, I have been getting errors in the top left had corner of the screen that say A System Problem was Detected or something like that. It started with one dialog box, but their number has increased to 5 today. Clicking 'more details' shows various paths, all start with /etc. I don't know specifics because that requires me to reboot/get out of hibernate. Pressing continue gets a new dialog box saying Ubuntu 13.10 has encountered an internal error.

Also, I don't know if it is related, but on boot-up Kubuntu likes to use more than 70% of my quad-core CPU before spiking down to a normal 0.3% - 5% usage. This may be however, the operating system's inability to manage CPU properly.

Please note that the cause just seems to be turning my computer on. It doesn't matter how its turned off, turning it on gives me these errors.

Without knowing the exact text of the error, it's difficult to diagnose the problem. Do you see any errors in /var/log/syslog?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Without knowing the exact text of the error, it's difficult to diagnose the problem. Do you see any errors in /var/log/syslog?
      I would have a sceenshot for you, but the message crashed...from what I read, it said there was a problem between when I last hibernated my laptop and when I booted up again. More info coming soon. I don't understand the /var/log/syslog/. And even if I did, it somehow reset itself to show a blank screen -.- more info coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Have some screenshots for you:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	****buntu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	640649
        Click image for larger version

Name:	buntu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	640650

Comment

That's helpful, thanks. It appears you have a broken Apport (the mechanism that handles automatic bug reporting). Reported in Launchpad bug 1163576. Please do the following in a console window:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get purge apport
          sudo apt-get autoremove
          sudo apt-get clean
          sudo apt-get install apport
          From what I've read, this should clear up the problem.

(source)
          Last edited by SteveRiley; Feb 07, 2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X