This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How install .scm file for GIMP example arrow

For some reason there are a lot of things that are not included with GIMP and also are not included with the "plugins, etc" in the repos.

So, one must go to the following place to download either .py files or .scm files. I chose .scm.

http://registry.gimp.org/node/20269

I clicked the .scm file and saved it. It was in downloads, as normal. I copied the file.

I then went to Dolphin and ticked view hidden files and searched for the "gray transluscent" folder GIMP(version number).

Clicked it and went to the "scripts" folder and the interior was empty.

SURPRISINGLY, all I had to do was paste the file and closed the folder(s). Surprisingly, to me because I thought that I would need to be root to do it, but no..maybe there is something different about this particular file path. Don't know.

One would paste a .py file into the plugins folder.

I then opened GIMP and went to Tool and at the bottom was "arrow".

Clicking it produces a very nice interactive box.

There are multiple posts on this on the net but to me the important thing was that one does not need to be root to do this and one only has to copy and paste.

Now, yes a CLI person would do it by typing, and one could also split the Dolphin screen and move the script into the folder.

If anyone has additions, please provide them.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

1) you did not half to be root because you own all the files in your ~/ (home) directory ,,as well this plug in will only be available to you as it's in your .gimp directory IE: if their is another user and they log in to their acct. the plug in will not be available to them ,,,,,,,I do not know for shure but their should be a place to put it so it is available to anyone using GIMP.

2) wile in dolphin to view hidden files/directory's just press alt+. and the .files in the directory you are viewing will appear ,,, pressing alt+. again will hide them again

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

yes in addition to your ~/.gimp directory their is "/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts/" and "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/" for globally accessible plug ins/scripts .....

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Cool tip! I never thought of searching for more add-ons for GIMP.

Please Read Me

Comment

nd there are multiple gimp extras to install directly from ubuntu repos, such as gimp-plugin-registry (which has most, if not all, of the things from the gimp registry). Gmic and fx-foundry are pretty neat additions.

Comment

Working...
          X