This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of easy questions

Hey guys I was just wondering around with my kubuntu 13.10 and noticed a couple of things didnt got quite right after I configured them, so here goes:

1.How (or where should I say) can you enable the login sound in kubuntu??.

2.When changing login screen in LightDM, the wallpaper I choose wont appear, I just get a blank screen...any ideas??

3.This one goes for the geeks like me that like to customize stuff (no necessarily in need to answer): Has anyone got to setup BURG with kubuntu 13.10??Cant find anything reliable since ppa doesnt support more than 13.04.

Thanks mates and happy new YEAR!!!!
    Last edited by kiraitachi; Dec 29, 2013, 06:15 AM. Reason: solved

1) System Settings >> Application and System Notifications >> look under KDE Workspace

2) I believe you have to have the image somewhere readable/writable by root, I put mine in /usr/share/wallpapers

3) I got nada on that one

Comment

2. Claydoh is correct. The system's init process, running as root, spawns the display manager. Here's mine. I'm using KDM but it's the same for LightDM:
      Code:
      steve@t520:~$ [B]ps -ef | grep kdm[/B]
      root       877     1  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 kdm
      3. You can probably run the Raring build without problems. Go ahead and add the PPA, then edit the corresponding file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Change saucy to raring.

Comment

Thanks mates will give a try to those tips

Comment

Working...
        X