This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use wireless network as ad hoc?

Hey, so I connect my laptop to the internet with Wi-Fi, not ethernet, but I still want to use my laptop for ad hoc. Why, you ask? Apparently if you have a wireless, unencrypted network with the SSID of attwifi, you can trick a Nintendo 3DS into thinking your network is a Nintendo Zone. The problem is I don't want to change my SSID for my entire network, so I want to set up an ad hoc connection that has that SSID. All I've seen on the internet is ways to share an ethernet connection wirelessly for ad hoc. Is it possible to do this with a wireless connection at all?

Thanks,
    M260

System Settings-> Network Settings -> Network Settings ->Add Wireless and change the mode to Ad-Hoc (ap-mode might be better? ) . set the rest of your settings then save and connect to your new connection.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      System Settings-> Network Settings -> Network Settings ->Add Wireless and change the mode to Ad-Hoc (ap-mode might be better? ) . set the rest of your settings then save and connect to your new connection.
      I already tried that, but the problem I'm having is that you need to connect to the ad hoc in order to use it, & you can only connect to one wireless connection at a time. Since the wireless connection of my router is what I'm sharing, I need to connect to both.

Comment

im pretty sure you can have both at the same time. if possible get another wifi card or plug in a wire while using adhoc mode.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X