This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System crash when trying to drag cells in LibreOffice Calc

Some time after upgrady to Saucy I noticed several freezes and crashes when simply trying to drag content of selected cells to another place in LibreOffice Calc (version 4.1.2.3 from repository).

The system stops responding - although for example Clementine still plays music from playlist - I am not able to do anything with the mouse (cursor is able to move, but kees the LO dragging look and there is no reaction on clicking). Tried almost everything - the only thing I noticed was that after random pressing keyboard buttons the system freezed totally, text interface appeared and the PC rebooted. I have the system fully up to date but problem remains. I do not have any apparently broken or problematic packages.

Did anybody of you also have this problem and if yes, do you have a solution? I tried to completely remove LibreOffice and install them again but did not worked for me. Currently avoiding use of drag and drop in Calc but it is stupid.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
    Dell Latitude E5510, Intel i3, Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus (LTS)

Yep. Ive got that too. I tried installing the most recent version, but that has the problem too. Still looking for a solution....

Comment

This is a known problem and has been reported in to the KDE buglist. I have the same problem. Instead of drag and drop I use cut and paste or copy and paste. Not as convenient but avoids the lock up.
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

Ok, thanks for info. Looking forward to see some fix
        Dell Latitude E5510, Intel i3, Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus (LTS)

Comment

Has anybody figured out how to do batch pasting? You used to be able to select multiple cells and paste into all of them. Now information only pastes into the first cell selected. This is really frustrating....

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
            Has anybody figured out how to do batch pasting? You used to be able to select multiple cells and paste into all of them. Now information only pastes into the first cell selected. This is really frustrating....
            Still works for me, as long as the cell(s) copied remains highlighted, (it shows with dotted box around it).
            Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
            Always consider Occam's Razor
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
              Still works for me, as long as the cell(s) copied remains highlighted, (it shows with dotted box around it).
              Mines not working at all. When I select multiple cells, one of them is outlined by a bold line and the rest are a light blue color. Pasting pastes only into the outlined cell.

Comment

Working...
              X