Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you connect to a tethered mobile bluetooth device now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you connect to a tethered mobile bluetooth device now?

In 13.04, when bluetooth worked, you simple set up a mobile broadband connection in NM to use the bluetooth device and away you went. Now, the only mobile devices seem to be directly connected gsm cards etc, with no allowance for bluetooth.

Why has bluetooth been totally trashed in this release?

Peter.

Search Muon Package Manager for bluez and see what is and is not installed.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog.

As far as I can see everything that could seem to be need is installed.

bluetooth
      bluez-cups
      not bluez-dbg
      bluez-tools
      bluez-alsa
      bluez-gstreamer
      not bluez-utils
      not bluez-auhio
      not bluez-btsco
      not bluez-hcidump
      libbluetooth3
      not bluez-pcmcia-support
      not libbluetooth3-dbg
      libbluedevil1
      not bluez-compat
      not libbluetooth-dev
      python-bluez
      bluez

Peter.

Comment

Your Bluetooth icon in the system tray may not be visible. Set it to visible if it is not, and then make sure it is turned on.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Its turend on, but this release of kubuntu has totally hozed bluetooth as far as I can see. In another thread you will see I'm having problems with a mouse vanishing when the sytem goes to sleep. It works fine when I add it at first... and now the network issues. This is one MAJOR backward step.

Peter.

Comment

Hmm, I installed bluez and it gave me the option to set up a Bluetooth hotspot to tether my other devices.
            I already needed it in previous versions of Kubuntu so it's not something I was able to do using the old network applet.
            It should show up as a blue icon in the system tray and right-clicking it gives a range of options.
            Last edited by Teunis; Nov 09, 2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem. The Bluetooth Paring is somewhat broken. If you pair it with the gnome-dialog. You can use it even with the applet

Comment

Working...
              X