This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good question ,,,,,IDK

1 difference I get is using the "sudo pm-hibernate" I get put strate back to the desktop ,,,BUT using the menu option to hibernate I get put back to the "session locked by" screen ,,,unlocking I get the desktop where I left it .

if you want to see any files/logs just ask

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Do you have org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate in /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/ ?
      Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 27, 2013, 02:46 PM.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I had an error in my file. Hibernate now shows up in KDE menu. Be right back. Checking if it works right.
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

no

Code:
          vinny@vinnys-HP-G62:~$ ls /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/
          com.hp.hplip.policy                    org.freedesktop.policykit.policy
          com.ubuntu.apport.policy               org.freedesktop.RealtimeKit1.policy
          com.ubuntu.devicedriver.policy         org.freedesktop.timedate1.policy
          com.ubuntu.languageselector.policy     org.freedesktop.udisks2.policy
          com.ubuntu.release-upgrader.policy     org.freedesktop.udisks.policy
          com.ubuntu.softwareproperties.policy   org.freedesktop.upower.policy
          com.ubuntu.update-notifier.policy      org.freedesktop.upower.qos.policy
          com.ubuntu.usbcreator.policy           org.kde.fontinst.policy
          org.debian.apt.policy                  org.kde.kcontrol.k3bsetup.policy
          org.debian.aptxapianindex.policy       org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock.policy
          org.freedesktop.accounts.policy        org.kde.kcontrol.kcmlightdm.policy
          org.freedesktop.color.policy           org.kde.kcontrol.kcmremotewidgets.policy
          org.freedesktop.consolekit.policy      org.kde.ksysguard.processlisthelper.policy
          org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy       org.kde.nepomuk.filewatch.policy
          org.freedesktop.locale1.policy         org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.policy
          org.freedesktop.login1.policy          org.kubuntu.qaptworker2.policy
          org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.policy
          VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

It seem to work as everything restored. After a few seconds it went to the lock screen. After I typed in my psw everything was back the way I had it when I hibernated except that synaptics had crashed.
            Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

It just doesn't work here.

Comment

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...bernate-script

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  It just doesn't work here.
                  dose it work with the "sudo pm-hibernate" ?

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

No. At least, turning the power back on after it has shut down is no different than a normal cold boot. I do not get the "as it was" desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by snowhog View Post
                      no. At least, turning the power back on after it has shut down is no different than a normal cold boot. I do not get the "as it was" desktop.
                      O

vinny
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Do note that Ubuntu disabled hibernation specifically because it is so buggy and inconsistent

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, read that. I don't really need hibernate capability, but it would be nice if I did. Suspend works just fine.

Comment

Most laptops do not work with hibernate/linux so ubuntu disabled it on laptops but pm hibernate cmd works for me so I re-enabled it.

Comment

I went to System Settings > Energy Saving > AC Power and sent the power button to hibernate when pressed. I clicked apply. I press the button and it does not hibernate! Pressing the button only shuts down Kubuntu. After turning the computer back on and rebooting Raring, I checked and hibernate was still set for pressing the power button. It just seems to ignore the setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X