This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray BD+

Anyone got this figured out yet? I've read through lots of websites and tried almost everything I can find, but no encrypted Blu-Ray playback here.

dumphd
    Code:
    DumpHD 0.61 by KenD00

Opening Key Data File... OK
    Initializing AACS... OK
    Loading aacskeys library... FAILED
    no aacskeys in java.library.path
    Direct key retrieval disabled, only keys from the database will be used
    Loading BDVM... FAILED
    bdvm.vm.BDVM
    Automatic BD+ removal disabled, specify a Conversion Table manually to remove BD+ if necessary
    vlc
    Code:
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Blu-Ray error:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]This Blu-Ray Disc needs a library for BD+ decoding, and your system does not have it.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Your input can't be opened:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///dev/sr0'. Check the log for details.[/COLOR]

Please Read Me

Hmm, if you've hunted high and low and couldn't find a fix, my guess is nobody's written one yet. Dang encoding eh?! Grrrr, the copyright police don't want us having any fun.
    Last edited by tek_heretik; Oct 23, 2013, 06:51 AM. Reason: Added point

Comment

Interesting result with handbrake: I was able to rip the main title, but there is constant minor video corruption. AS expected I suppose since there's no work around to the encryption at this point. It is watchable, but there are small dashes of video breakage throughout the recording.

The disc reports 47GB and the main title (Avatar) rip resulted in 13.7GB at 1920x1080 with full AAC audio.

The back story to this is my previous DVDR/W died Sunday so I went a bought a replacement drive that also plays BR. I really just wanted to test it to make sure it works. We only have one BR in the house - and that's the encrypted Avatar BR disc. At this point I'm calling it a "pass" in that the drive did read the disc, I just couldn't play it because of the encryption. Now I want to go get a non-encrypted BR and see the visuals!

Please Read Me

Comment

The weird thing is all the searches I've done get me webpages from 2008-9. Which makes me think maybe I just don't have something installed that I need. Thus the reason for the post.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          The weird thing is all the searches I've done get me webpages from 2008-9. Which makes me think maybe I just don't have something installed that I need. Thus the reason for the post.
          Ah, I see, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is anti-piracy right in the drive's firmware. Read this forum thread, some interesting opinions/insight.

Scroll about 2/3 down on this page to the DRM section, this mostly applies to internal PC optical drives, the bane of the movie industry.

Or you could go here and try to find a copy that will work.
          Last edited by tek_heretik; Oct 23, 2013, 08:34 AM. Reason: Added another link

Comment

I forgot to mention, when I am faced with a situation like yours, I just go crazy in the repository and install any and everything related, it can't hurt and it's not like I'm low on SSD space.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
              I forgot to mention, when I am faced with a situation like yours, I just go crazy in the repository and install any and everything related, it can't hurt and it's not like I'm low on SSD space.
              That's pretty much what I've done

Please Read Me

Comment

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libaacs.html

maby ,,,,I dont have a blue ray so,,,,,,

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                  Hmm, nice, thanks, I'll have to remember this thread for when I finally get my PC bluray.

Comment

Working...
                  X