This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Install

In a laptop to which I have always installed Kubuntu from 11.04 to 13.04 without any problem, now I want to set you the 13.10 after the live starts and displays the splash , the screen stays black and does nothing , no there is no graphical environment is disk activity , that I had already passed since I wanted to install the beta and RC beta , and when I wanted to upgrade from the 13.04 low the files but does not start , I tried Fedora , Pink, Pear , Mageia , Chakra and installed without problem but I could Kubuntu 13.10 .

I also did what the nomodeset the screen goes black and just starting , I searched all over the net and I've done everything they recommend, even to test installed Mageia 4 in 64 bit kernel brings 3.12 and runs great but after Kubuntu 13.10 the F2 and F3 starts ... 13.10 shows the logo and the dots running ... and then the screen goes black and does nothing , I get off .

Do you know any solution?
    Thanks in advance .

ESPAÑOL
    En una laptop a la que siempre le he instalado Kubuntu desde la 11.04 hasta la 13.04 sin ningún problema, ahora que quiero instalarle la 13.10 luego de que arranca el live y muestra el splash, se queda la pantalla en negro y no hace nada, no hay entorno gráfico ni se ve actividad del disco; esto ya me había pasado desde que quise instalar la beta y la beta RC, y también cuando quise actualizar desde la 13.04 baja los archivos pero no arranca, probé con Fedora, Rosa, Pear, Mageia, Chakra y los instala sin problema pero con Kubuntu 13.10 no he podido.

También hice lo del nomodeset y queda negra la pantalla recién inicia, he buscado por toda la red y he hecho todo lo que recomiendan, incluso instalé para probar Mageia 4 en 64 bits que trae el kernel 3.12 y corre muy bien pero con Kubuntu 13.10 después del F2 y F3 inicia…, muestra el logo 13.10 y los puntitos corriendo… y luego se queda en negro la pantalla y no hace nada, me toca apagar.

¿Conocen alguna solución?
    Gracias de antemano.
    ArteSano de Tu Salud - Curioso de la informática.

You may have to look for a more recent kernel.
    Choose the recovery option in the grub menu and choose the console as root.
    Make an Internet connection:
    $ sudo iwlist wlan0 scan
    # This will list the available ESSID's like "myconnection".

$ sudo iwconfig wlan0 essid "myconnection"
    # This will connect to access point "myconnection"

$ sudo dhclient wlan0
    # This will set up DNS.

# In case of WPA security:
    $ wpa_passphrase YOURSSID YOURWIFIPASSWORD
    Download the three necessary deb packages for the latest stable Saucy kernel v3.11.6:
    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...v3.11.6-saucy/
    and put them into a directory with no other deb packages.
    In that directory issue
    dpkg -i *.deb

reboot.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

But as I do that if I have even installed Kubuntu 13.10!
      My question is how I can install 13.10 if the screen goes black at the beginning of the installation, as had happened with the last alpha and beta, I could not install because the screen after displaying the splash goes black.

ESPAÑOL
      ¡Pero como voy a hacer eso si ni siquiera tengo instalado Kubuntu 13.10!
      Mi pregunta es como puedo instalar 13.10 si la pantalla se queda en negro al inicio de la instalación, ya me había sucedido con las alpha y la última beta; no pude instalar porque la pantalla después de mostrar el splash se queda en negro.

Comment

Have you tried doing the acpi=off trick?
        I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Ah, I understand now. You are trying to install from a LiveCD (or USB?) and editing the Linux boot command line by adding nomodeset didn't bypass the bad video driver. I had assumed that with nomodeset you could at least boot into a console screen from which you could use apt-get to install a video driver that would work and then use startkde to test it. If it didn't work then use Alt+F3 to kill it and then exit back into the console and try another.

The acpi=off trick may work by disabling the power and fan control, but I wouldn't make it a permanent solution, or run under that condition very long if you begin to notice your laptop heating up because the fans are not blowing wind across the CPU heat fins.

Another thing you can try is to add acpi_backlight=vendor along with nomodeset in the linux boot command line. It will tell the Linux to use /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight instead of /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0.

BTW, if your laptop had Win8 on it have you enabled the "Compatibility Support Mode" (CSM) and disabled "Secure Boot" in the BIOS?

Generally, your problem is a common one among many distros: Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, SUSE, etc... It appears to be related to the kernel being used and is dependent on the hardware being run on. My V3-771G Acer, for example, has no problem but it came with Win7 and no SecureBoot. The same model running Win8 with SecureBoot can't boot up the Kubuntu 13.10 LiveCD.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No Black Screen Solution - {Sin solución Pantalla Negra}

Thank you for your help but I have served.
            The curious thing is that on this machine I have installed all previous versions of Kubuntu from 11.04 to 13.04 even managed to install the alpha of 13.10 without problem just became unstable and I got to get back onto the 13.04
            I want to keep using Kubuntu but even upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10 because it stays with black screen.
            I think as in Windows there is the "blue screen of death" version 13.10 for me is the "black screen of death" jejeje
            I'm content for now to use Mageia 4 alpha3 while still insisting Kubuntu again.

ESPAÑOL:
            Gracias por sus ayudas pero no me han servido.
            Lo curioso del tema es que en esta máquina he tenido instaladas todas las versiones anteriores de Kubuntu desde la 11.04 hasta la 13.04 incluso alcancé a instalar la alpha de la 13.10 sin problema solo que se puso inestable y me toco regresarme a la 13.04
            Yo quiero seguir usando Kubuntu pero ni siquiera actualizando de la 13.04 a la 13.10 porque se queda con la pantalla negra.
            Creo que como en Windows existe la "pantalla azul de la muerte" esta versión 13.10 para mi es la "pantalla negra de la muerte" jejeje
            Me conformo por ahora en usar Mageia 4 alpha3 mientras sigo insistiendo en volver a Kubuntu.

Comment

I solved the problem and now enjoy 64-bit Kubuntu 13.10 on my Samsung RV408
              What I did was this:
              Zeros installed including the / home to Kubuntu 13.04 64 bit and I when I was running, I tried some applications to verify that everything was fine.
              Immediately and without accepting any update for the system, I went to Menu> System> Muon Package Manager> Settings> Configure software sources, you check that I installed the new version, when you close the application and was downloading the update, I waited an hour to come down and install everything, I rebooted and now I have the latest version running on my laptop without any failure.

ESPAÑOL
              Ya resolví el problema y ahora disfruto de Kubuntu 13.10 de 64 bit en mi Samsung RV408
              Lo que hice fue lo siguiente:
              Instalé de ceros incluído el /home a Kubuntu 13.04 de 64 bit y ya cuando lo tenía corriendo, probé algunas aplicaciones para verificar que todo estaba bien.
              Inmediatamente y sin aceptar ninguna actualización para el sistema, me fui a Menu> Sistema> Gestor de paquetes de Muon> Preferencias> Configurar fuentes de software; le marque que me instalara las nuevas versiones; al cerrar la aplicación ya estaba descargando la actualización, esperé como una hora a que bajara y se instalara todo, reinicié y ya tengo la última versión corriendo en mi laptop sin ninguna falla.

Comment

So you basically did the install without updates.
                After the install was finished you commenced the updates and had lots of patience to wait for it to finish.

I ask because I am not (at all) certain what you mean with ceros/zero...
                And what do you mean with verifying that all was well, I assume that was after the (basic) installation?

Comment

Working...
                X