Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just note that this is a bit overkill, as it likely was only one, or just a few, bad files in that folder that went askew. Finding the right one can often be time consuming.

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk

Comment

It was nothing too time consuming. Lost some settings but have since restored them. All is well (for now anyway). I do have to say that the upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10 was far from painless. I thinks I'll wait a moth or so next time. Thanks for the help. Solved for now.

Comment

the less one customizes their desktop the smoother the upgrade. same thing in stock ubuntu/xubuntu etc. upgrades simply can not be tested against every user esepcially if you want to make it so one can keep their settings.

so avoiding pimping up the desktop or adding plenty of PPA will make the upgrade smoother it seems. otherwise it's better to just do a fresh install. have data on separate partition. it will also be faster (install took close to 30 minutes on mine, while upgrade took almost 3 hours) and less painful only you would need to recofigure it back (unless if you prepare a script for that...).

Comment

Working...
        X