This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems

So here I am several days after my upgrade to version 13.10. To be honest I should have waited as past experience has shown that there's always issues. The one that I've got now is with cut and paste. Cut works fine paste gives me "paste content of clipboard" which is not what I want. In fact there is no paste option at all. I would also like to add this only happens with file managers. What has gone wrong? Using Dolphin but tried Thunar same results. Arggh

Finally gave up on the upgraded version did a fresh install and the Cut and Paste problems have gone away. Still experience an issue with Muon Discovery crashes occasionally and some other apps. Hopeful that some of these issues will be addressed with patches. I don't think I'm going to do another upgrade so soon after its release.
    Last edited by rymar; Oct 20, 2013, 09:26 PM. Reason: more info on the issues

uf, this post makes me think i should do the upgrade yet.

Comment

rymar, how do you access the cut and paste options?
      In which programs do you experience this problem, mentioning a file manager do you mean by using copy&paste to move file or directory?
      Do you use the mouse to select and then right click for the cut and paste options or do you use the keyboard short cuts or maybe the middle mouse button to paste?

I've been trying out various ways and can't see any problems so my conclusion can only be it is specific to your installation...

Comment

Yes I do believe it was only specific to my installation. With the reinstall of fresh version that issue went away.

Comment

Ah good to hear, shame for the time it cost but write it down as valuable experience...

Comment

Well my paste option problem is back. In file manger (any file manager) I have Cut and Paste Clipboard contents only no just paste. It's getting be a really annoying problem. Anyone have any ideas? I use the mouse right click to access this function. I go through Dolphin's available actions and just paste is not listed.

Comment

It kind of looks like a permission problem, have you (accidentally) changed the ownership of the place where you want to paste?

Comment

I suddenly started having the same issues. I can't C&P using the service menu, either, to move/copy files, without getting the 'paste clipboard contents' and blank URL window. I have to now open two dolphin windows to move/copy. I don't think it's a permissions problem, because I can't move/copy inside of '~/' (my own files). I've enabled to 'Move to' and 'Copy to' commands in the service menu, which appears to work.
                I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

I'm baffled. Can't paste into any folder or drive. I don't believe it's a permission problem. Paste doesn't show in the Configure Toolbar menu. For now I'll use move or copy.

Comment

Solved it. The culprit was an app called KDE Connect. When I paired it with my computer it killed the paste function. All is well again. I suppose if a person looks hard enough a solution is usually to be found.

Comment

OK new Dolphin problem. No keyboard shortcuts. If I try to use any shortcuts nothing happens. I go to configure shortcuts I can manually enter them there but they don't stay. If I use konqueror all is well. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by rymar View Post
                        OK new Dolphin problem. No keyboard shortcuts. If I try to use any shortcuts nothing happens. I go to configure shortcuts I can manually enter them there but they don't stay. If I use konqueror all is well. Anyone?
                        It might be worthwhile to create a new user account to log in to and see if these symptoms are system wide, or just specific to your main user account. Sometimes one's user config files can get corrupted, or change permissions if one runs GUI programs using 'sudo' . The "but they won't stay" might be a clue to that.

Comment

OK new account doesn't have this issue. Question now is how do I fix that? I'm reasonably proficient with Linux but this i may need a bit of coaching with. Anyone?

Comment

One can rename your ~/.kde dir from the terminal, while KDE is not running. New config files well be created one you log back in, all your settings will be reverted to stock, but the data will still be in the old folder if you need it.

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk

Comment

OK I renamed ~./kde to kde-old and restarted that definitely fixed it thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X