This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual RAID and Encryption install

I've been trying for a couple of nights now to get Kubuntu installed on RAID1 two SSD drives, with encryption. I've tried various ways, including configuring it with Debian and Linux Mint CD, then rebooting and booting up to Kubuntu CD to install. Some people suggest to use the Ubuntu Server CD to create the RAID, but there is a bug with Logitech keyboards, and my USB keyboard won't allow me to navigate the menus.

I've now boot to Kubuntu Live CD, and trying to use the console to create the RAID and encryption. Anyone know the commands I need to setup RAID,encryption, and LVM's?

Here is my goal:
    RAID1 SSD two drives
    300MB boot (unencrypted)
    4GB swap (encrypted)
    xxGB / (encrypted)

So what I did, was use Ubuntu 13.10 Server CD, go through the manual configuration of my RAID and Encryption, manually creating all partitions. Then after installation was complete, I ran the following command. apt-get install kubuntu-desktop Then rebooted and logged in. Kubuntu splash screen is not there, but most of what I need is. I then upgraded KDE to 4.11, because the graphics tearing was terrible when moving windows around. 4.11 fixed that. This is just not an elegant way of doing this type of install. Kubuntu should have RAID configuration included.

Comment

Did you have any trouble with sound warped trekker, I seem to be having fits. (Which must be a missing package, because sound from the live cd seems to work fine).

Comment

Working...
      X