X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal screen becomes a black screen

Hi,

I recently installed 13.04. For the most part things are fine. I do have a problem with the screen. It starts off fine, normal but eventually it turns to a black screen as if it's sleeping. However if I touch the mouse when the screen is black, it doesn't come back immediately although it will come back in a few minutes.. In addition, when the screen is normal, a progress bar appears on the screen. At one end is a picture of a monitor and on the over end there is a percentage. If the percentage gets too low, the screen turns black. So the problem is that it turns to black too quickly and too frequently and when it does turn to black it takes too long to come back to a normal screen with the computer being pretty much unusable while the screen is black.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Laptop or external monitor on a desktop PC?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It's a Compaq R3275US laptop

Comment

Check/adjust the settings in System Settings > Power Management
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that.

Comment

That worked! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X