This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent Skype 4.2 Autostart

I have Kubuntu 13.04 Can someone tell me how to prevent Skype 4.2 from Autostarting on boot? Alternatively, is there a way in Kubuntu to block an application from Autostarting?
    I've Google'd, looked in System Settings, looked in Skype config files, checked services command, looked in /etc/rc.X, etc .... and can't figure out how to do this. I can't even figure out what starts Skype on boot.

I'm not the only one with this problem .. I don't use Skype very often, but some of my contacts do and I want to manually start it only when needed.

Thx, Gus

To the best of my knowledge, the only way Skype will autostart is if after starting it, you click on the x on the window boarder to close it. This action does not 'stop' Skype, and if you also have System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management > On Login set to Restore previous session, Skype will be relaunched on any subsequent login to your Desktop. If you don't want to change the behavior of Session Management, then make sure that you stop and then close Skype by clicking on the small S icon at the bottom left of the Skype window and clicking on Quit. When you do this, you'll notice that the Skype icon in the System Tray goes away.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I use "Restore Manually Saved Session" and save a session which does "not" include Skype (ie. I've stopped Skype before I save the session that I always want to start. Even though Skype has been stopped, I get the session that I want, with the unfortunate addition of Skype. There *must* be a way to kill it during startup, so that it requires a manual start.

Comment

In System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management > On Login > Applications to be excluded from sessions: put in /usr/bin/skype
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X