Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried plugging the HDMI cable in after my Laptop is booted and I still do not get sound from the HDMI. It always comes from my Laptop speakers. I also tried removing the phone jack for the audio line on my Digital TV and that did not change the fact that I do not see the HDMI sound. I also tried Pulse Audio Control and the HDMI option does not appear on the Output Devices port.

The current status is that with the HDMI connection, the screen is not rewritten until a left mouse click. So dragging a window and moving a cursor gives multiple copies across the screen. I cannot capture this with Ksnapshot as clicking on the screen clears the problem.

Given that others have been successful with the HDMI sound, I am of the opinion that the problem lies possibly with the video driver nouveau. I did try installing Kernel 3.12.0 RC6 but this made no difference and also did not have the NVIDIA driver defined in Kinfocentre > Graphical Information. Because the Desktop crashed with this Kernel, I have removed it.

Just for the record, Kinfocentre with Linux 3.11.0-12-generic gives the following information on my video card.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator View Post
      I note you've got PAVU installed. The sound element of the HDMI ought to show up in the drop-down menu as an available playback device in PAVU but only when you have established the connection between laptop and TV.
      Hi there, yes, I've PAVU installed too and I only boot laptop up once HDMI has been connected. HDMI shows in PAVU playback, but with no results.
      On another note, I'm going to have to abandon this question as I'm not sure which answers apply to my question anymmore. I tried a possible solution that I thought was for my issue, but I've now ended up with no sound. So a re-install it is for me.

Comment

If you are going to reinstall can I suggest that before you do it might be worth checking whether it works with kubuntu running on a "live" basis?

Comment

Sorry - duplicated post removed
          Last edited by The Liquidator; Oct 22, 2013, 03:41 AM. Reason: Duplicated

Comment

Working...
          X