This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set default mouse resolution

I have a mouse with a "dpi" button which cycles through three different sensitivty / resolution settings. When I plug the mouse in, the default is the maximum sensitivity, which is ridiculous. A small move shoots the pointer half-way across the screen. The least sensitive setting is ridiculous in the other direction, you have to realy work the mouse to get anywhere. But the middle setting is just fine.

I don't know who would use the other two settings, but other than that this mouse (A Gigabyte GM-G6580) is realy nice.

I've learned the habbit of pressing the dpi button twice every time I plug the mouse in. But maybe there is a way to set the default?
    Last edited by Tahaan; Oct 11, 2013, 12:34 AM.

System Settings-->Input Devices-->Mouse-->Advanced tab-->Pointer Acceleration.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

I've tried Pointer acceleration settings (Sorry, I should have mentioned it). My experience with it is:

I can make the pointer FASTER by setting a value larger than 1.0 (Eg 1.5X or 2.0X, etc). Values less than 1.0 does not noticibly decellerate the pointer. So this would probably be a workable solution if my mouse was too slow, but since by default it is too fast this doesn't help.

I've never had good results with pointer speed settings on Linux. It seems cludgy and not smooth enough. Fortunately I rarely feel that my pointer is too slow, because making it faster always seems to be at the expense of accuracy. Maybe someone knows what I'm doing wrong (cheap mouse? Extra setting that I'm missing somewhere? CTS? IQ too low? Too old? All of the aforementioned?)

Comment

Working...
      X