This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the winner is

I am always leery of these "best distro" articles. Personal taste, issues with particular hardware and previous bias are usually factors in the choice. However I did enjoy this article. I will not give away the winner.

http://netrunner-mag.com/?p=3184
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

hmm! Someone wrote an article that identifies the best "KDE distro" but then only mentions 4 distros and they pick the best out of the 4. What about Fedora? or Mageia? or PCLinuxOS? or Arch? or Gentoo? or Slackware? or Debian? etc. etc. etc. There're hundreds of other distros that also come with KDE. I'm surprised this person actually gets many readers reading his blog on a regular basis.

Comment

Not to be picky but there are five not four. And if you read the preamble he states that he culls to five to review. Perfectly logical to do so. Besides I liked the result.
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

Installing saucy iso at least once a week. It is almost perfect - on my hardware. This is the best Kubuntu I've ever used, and its still in development.
        Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
          not to be picky but there are five not four. And if you read the preamble he states that he culls to five to review. Perfectly logical to do so. Besides i liked the result.
          +1

vinny
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

thumbs up
            woodruninrarinsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

While I continue to question Canonical's direction and what they're doing with Ubuntu, the absolute best feature of Kubuntu is its near-plain-vanilla KDE experience.

Comment

All I know is I haven't had a computer crash since I switched to Linux. I should try a different distro, but I haven't found a reason.
                Rob

Comment

Working...
                X