This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange annoying indicator on the screen

After recent update I'm getting strange indicator on the screen with percentages when computer is in idle for some time.
    It starts with 100% and every next time decreases (50%, 25%, 15%, 0%). Moving mouse to the right at the moment when indicator is showed-up causes it fill indicator bar up to 100% while moving to the right causes 0%. Indicator is annoying because it shows up while I'm watching movies, etc. What is it? Is it related with screen saver? How can I turn it off? I can't even work out question for goole.
    Thank you.

Well, I'm new here so forum didn't allow me to post links at first. So here it's the image of my problem
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/pmjn.png

Comment

that is a screen brightness indicator ,,,,,,,,,,is the screen dimming as it progresses .
      is this a laptop / desktop ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

It's a desktop. At lastIfound it. And turned it off in Kubuntu "Energy saving" cause it was not doing it's job anyway. Thank you for the hint!

Comment

Originally posted by gacux View Post
          it's a desktop. At lastifound it. And turned it off in kubuntu "energy saving" cause it was not doing it's job anyway. Thank you for the hint!

vinny
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X