This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Meta+Shift+Ctrl twice draws large red angle

If I press Meta+Shift+Ctrl twice, a large (about 72 pt) red angle symbol is drawn on the screen where the mouse pointer is.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot12.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	648012
    This does not belong to a window or even a desktop; if I move a window or rotate the "cube" to change desktops, the red thing doesn't move. I can put lots of them around the screen, but the only ways I've found to remove them is to log out, or restart kwin with kwin --replace.

Okay, don't do that, but what for? From where? (In system settings, I've looked under Accessibility, Shortcuts and Gestures, and Input Devices.)

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

I can't find it now, but look in desktop effects. There was a desktop paint effect were you would hold a few keys and you could draw on the screen.

EDIT: Found it, Its called "Mouse Mark"
    Last edited by Robtygart; Aug 21, 2013, 07:11 AM.
    Rob

Comment

Thank you, What I found is an ... undocumented? ... unexplained? ... hidden? ... feature of the mouse mark effect. I'd gone through several of the desktop effects' settings, looking for one that specified Meta+Shift+Ctrl, but the settings for mouse mark do not mention this. One presses Meta-Shift+Ctrl, move the mouse, press it again, and an arrow is drawn from the second position to the first. By pressing twice (by accident the first time) I was getting a zero length arrow. Weird that it's in front of *everything*.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X