This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print Manager Plasmoid

Just upgrade to 4.11 and it seems to be a nice improvement. Nepomuk is finally not leaking like crazy for me and I've noticed less memory usage all round. I honestly think its a great KDE release but I have hit something that frustrates me incredibly.

The new print manager plasmoid! I love the new print manager that came with KDE 4.10 (and plasmoid) but the updated plasmoid from 4.11 does something silly. I use the Widget Dashboard as way to control and monitor parts of my computer. Suddenly with 4.11 the plasmoid is only an icon and must be clicked to expand into the actual plasmoid. This makes sense for the panel use case but not for the dashboard use case. I used to have a nice, easily accessible plasmoid on the dashboard but alas no more.

Previously, it was expanded and fit very nicely into my somewhat OCD grid that I was using.

Anybody know how to get the previous behaviour back?

Click image for larger version

Name:	newExpanded.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	648006Click image for larger version

Name:	newNormal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	648007

A thought: Have you checked to see if the upgrade 'locked' your widgets?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      A thought: Have you checked to see if the upgrade 'locked' your widgets?
      Nope. I unlocked my widgets, deleted it and readded it. Same thing. Icon only that pops out with the actual printer manager when clicked. I could find no setting to solve the issue and clicking it and then trying to lock my widgets has the effect of clicking off the plasmoid thus causing the pop-out to disappear.

Comment

Working...
      X