This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFW problem

When I start my computer, I cannot access the internet or even ping my router anymore until I stop and restart ufw.

This started after I installed 8188cu (https://code.google.com/p/realtek-81...9-ubuntu-1304/) to try to get a TP-link Tl-WN725N working (I normally access the internet with a wire connection, but I needed an emergency solution using my Galaxy 3G access point after a crane cut off the adsl cable in the street).

At some point in the installation of the RTL8188CUS package, I had to do a sudo dpkg --configure -a, and mistakenly typed sudo dpkg -reconfigure -a

I must have answered one of the questions wrongly, and something must be wrong with permissions somewhere, but I can't find a solution other than stop ufw and restarrt it, which restores Internet access.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

FX

Do you have a large port configuration for UFW? If not, you can try purging then re-installing UFW. Personally, I have UFW disabled on my desktop and do my port fowarding thru my router.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Working...
    X